Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Albino Bristlenose Eggs Hatching

Seems that the bristlenose babies are hatching, from evidence of half a dozen stray eggs found wiggling around the tank this morning. The babies can be seen clearly on top of their egg sacs, which are still attached.

Well at least daddy bristlenose got them to hatching stage this time, although he is still guarding and looking after them all, the escapees shouldn't have been allowed to escape.

I scooped up the stray eggs and placed them in a floating container with an air stone, to protect them from predators.

In this photo, if you look very closely at the egg I have circled, you can just make out the baby attached to it. It was the best pic I could get at this stage.


I also wanted to share how comical it is to watch the eggs move around so I have added a short clip showing an baby attached to the egg on the move :P I apologise that the focus could have been better but you will still get the gist of what I am showing you.


No comments:

Post a Comment